‘Please keep me safe.’
This simple but profoundly important hope is the very minimum upon which every child and young person should be able to depend.
Lord Laming 2009
At All Saints Primary School, we prioritise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare all children and to provide a caring, safe and positive environment in which they can flourish. We are committed to the highest standard of safeguarding and protecting the children in our care.
We will ensure that;
- All reasonable measures are taken to minimise the risks of harm to children's welfare
- All appropriate actions are taken to address concerns about the welfare of a child by working in partnership with other local agencies
- We create an atmosphere where all our children feel secure, valued and listened to
- All staff recognise signs and symptoms of abuse and respond quickly and efficiently
- We monitor and support children at risk
- The curriculum is used effectively to raise children's awareness, build confidence and skills
- We work in partnership with parents and carers, supporting external agencies
- All adults within the school/service who have access to children have been fully checked
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Laura Carr (Head Teacher)
The Deputy Safeguarding Lead is: Janine Sanderson (SENDCo and Adventurers Teacher)
Should you have any concerns about a child, please don't hesitate to contact any of the school DSLs immediately.
The latest government guidance on safeguarding can be found below.